- I dotted out the letters Cc onto a white sheet of paper and asked B4 to join the dots. This activity will help her remember how to write the letter Aa:
- We made the shape of Cc with our arms. This activity helped her to figure out how the shape of the letter looked and how to replicate it:
- I copied out a large C and small c onto a piece of paper in block letters. I asked B4 to choose the correct letter C stamp and stamp lots of C’s onto the drawn Cc, saying its sound each time. This activity helped her to remember what sounds the letter Cc makes:
- Using our A,B,C poster I asked B to point to the letter C and tell me some words which begin with its sound. This activity was to help her to recognise the letter Cc even when hidden among many other different letters:
- Finally we began learning to sign the alphabet using this resource. This helped her to understand that learning letters was the start to learning to communicate with those letters:
Next week I will have five more hands on activities to reinforce letter recognition.